Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Removing Candlewax from candlesticks

Here is a helpful hint on removing candle wax from your metal candle cups.

Just freeze the leftover wax and it will "pop" off!


If you can fit the candlestick into the freezer, just freeze it and the wax will come out easily all in one piece. You can also clean off the drips that have landed on the candlestick also. They just "pop" right off after being frozen.

If the candlestick is too large for a freezer, just set it outside in the winter (if you live in a place that gets below freezing at night) for an overnight and in the morning just "pop" off the wax.

I use a metal "screwdriver" shaped tool to remove the unwanted melted wax.


Naturally, drip-less candles do not require this at all. I happen to prefer natural beeswax candles personally.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
Smyth Boone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just the info I need thank you :) Hope this works I have about 40 candles from a wedding I'm trying to fix up!

Kristin